31 December 2010

Final Remarks

Handmade Woodwork Booth in the Dresdner Striezelmarkt
Sorry I didn't post sooner.  I've been busy with family and Christmas and just catching up on sleep and TV. :-)  After my flight to Frankfurt on Wednesday morning, everything went pretty smoothly.  I had to wait in the airport all day and then fly to New Jersey at 5 pm.  I got into NJ at about 9 pm their time, and luckily my dad had already booked a hotel room for me.  They were out of normal rooms, so they upgraded me to a suite for free!  I was able to spend a little time in the room jacuzzi before going to bed. :-)  I had to wake up early the next morning, and I caught the 7 am shuttle to the airport just because I didn't want to risk being late.  I had a lot of hassle moving luggage around in my bags and getting to the 52 pound mark, but I was able to finally do it by checking my carry-on too.  The flight to Detroit and then transfer to Milwaukee were on time, and then my dad picked me up from the airport.  I finally made it home on Thursday evening!

Me with the Egyptian dancers at Fun Parc
in Hamburg.
It's nice to be home, but there are a lot of things I miss too.  I'm stuck on a farm in rural Wisconsin, so of course there are no clubs in the area and no one knows what techno music is.  I also miss hearing German, although it's much easier to get things done now that I can talk to everyone in English.  I miss Oli a lot too, but he'll be coming to Boston in February, and until then we've figured out a way to text each other for free.  I had a great last weekend with him in Hamburg.  We saw two of my favorite DJ's (I talked to one of them in person and got a free shirt!), I went to a job interview and got a feel for what to expect with teaching English, and I got to check out the Hamburger Weihnachtsmarkt.  I can really see myself there someday.  Maybe I'll have to start up this blog again... :-)

Thanks for reading, and feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions.  It's been a long journey since that first class of German 1 where the professor only talked to us in German, but it's definitely been good!

Tschüss!

1 comment:

  1. you started a running blog, you didn't come baccckkkk.

    ReplyDelete